Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cardio Trainer


    Today I discovered a free app called Cardio Trainer for the Droid.  Above are my results, below are shared (via Facebook) results.  This app tracks your pace, mileage, time elapsed, and approximate calories burned based on your height and weight.   Certain stats such as distance and pace are determined via GPS which leads me to one of my favorite aspects of this app, the ability to track yourself on google maps in real time.  When my workout is complete I save the results and share them like mentioned before and/or race myself next time out.  Really motivates me to see exactly how far I have ran, especially motivating sense I plan on mapping out a couple more routes.  Elevation calculations (graph located at bottom of image) are handy during hill runs, which will happen this Thursday.  Today my aggregate elevation change was 156.7 meters or 171 yards.  Last, but not least; saved results can be compared to a world wide high score database so I can see where I stand!

    A little inside information to my training schedule.  The idea behind my training schedule is one day in the gym hitting weights and the next day is dedicated to cardio.  Rotating through out the week starting with weights on Monday and ending with weights on Friday.  Rest on the weekends if you want to call it rest sense I am involved in Indoor Soccer on Saturdays and Mondays, not to mention outdoor soccer on Sundays!  Stay active my friends!

    Route details:  San Dieguito River Trail following the shore of Lake Hodges from parking to the dock and back.

ran 6.86 mi on Aug. 10, 04:44 pm (Time: 00:49:06)

No comments:

Post a Comment